The Sources of the Finke River and other expeditions
Adelaide, Friends of the State Library of South Australia, 2010/ [1882 to 1930].
Octavo, xxxiv, 174 pages with a frontispiece portrait and 2 maps plus a large folding map in an endpocket.
Pictorial cloth; a mint copy.
A collected reprint of four journeys undertaken by Chewings in 1881-82, 1883, 1885 and 1909. 'Accounts of the first three expeditions were published in the South Australian weekly newspaper, the 'Observer'. The 1885 report was also issued separately as a pamphlet ... in 1886. The 'Geographical Journal (London) published the account of the 1909 journey in October 1930' (from the informative 27-page introduction by Valmai Hankel). The edition is limited to only 325 copies, with the first 125 copies numbered and bound in quarter leather.